Discover how training in the Martial Art of Karate can improve your confidence, discipline, self-defence, and fitness.
What to expect
Run by qualified Kenshukai Karate instructors, each sessions will focus on a specific element. Learn techniques, etiquette and traditions and see how this martial art can influence your life.
Each week, the instructor sets a focus on certain techniques in order to improve specific areas. This can include: warm up & stretching, basic techniques, kata and combinations, sparring, self-defence, fitness, fun & games. Having variety means that there is always something new to explore, improve on, and enjoy.
Benefits of doing Karate
• Karate is a physical activity, so it naturally enhances abilities that are beneficial to the body – improving strength, agility, reaction time, and hand-eye coordination.
• The disciplined environment helps to instil a sense of purpose and focus, allowing participants to increase their awareness and concentration.
• Having a grading system with different colour belts is a great way to accelerate personal growth and encourage self-worth.
• With practice, martial arts students become more confident in their ability respond appropriately in any situation, which is especially useful for evading confrontations.
These classes are family friendly, welcoming all ages and abilities. Take it at your own pace, you don’t need to be super fit to enjoy these sessions.
Not sure if it’s for you? Come and give it a go and pay nothing for your first class!
If you’re bringing friends/family members, take advantage of the discount offer. Just add 2 or 3 tickets to your basket and the discount will be added at checkout!
Kenshukai Karate is affiliated to the NAKMAS National Governing Body. Find out more about Kenshukai London here.
How old do you have to be to start?
We take children from the age of 5 years.
How much are the classes?
After the first free trial class, the price is just £8 per session. We also offer family discounts: £14 for 2, £18 for 3, and £20 for 4 members of the family training together.
Who will be my instructor?
The instructors are called Sensei Dmitriy and Sensei Victor. They have over 10 years of experience in teaching karate around East London. Karate is their passion and this can be clearly seen in the way they lead their classes and share their knowledge.
What shall I bring?
1) Sports clothes, 2) bottle of water, 3) positive attitude – keep an open mind, be prepared for a bit of workout, and you’re all set for an enjoyable experience.
£8 per class / £14 for you and a friend / £18 for you and 2 friends
Age range: 5+
Select a time